Sandsone Press Logo

On The Blog

The Wood That Built London: Selhurst & Croydon Common

The surviving portion of Selhurst Wood, to the north of the railway junction, was felled by 1908 to make way for Croydon Common Athletic Ground which, from 1918 to 1924, was the home of Crystal Palace FC before it was replaced in turn by a railway depot.

From The Wood That Built London by C.J. Schüler

Back to the map.

C.J. Schüler

C.J. Schüler