Submissions must be made electronically. Please do not post hard copy submissions to the office.
For 2018 we are looking for
NOVEL-LENGTH FICTION for adults which is literary and/or speculative.
NON-FICTION in these subject areas: outdoor sport/activity; popular science; literary biography
We welcome discussion with agents. Please contact us directly, outlining the book proposed and giving a brief biography of the writer, including their publishing history.
• Look what we publish before deciding whether your work is suitable for us
• Complete the submission form which can be downloaded below
• Write a short covering email to introduce yourself and your work
• Attach the submission form, a synopsis and up to 5,000 words of your book, including the first chapter, as Word documents
• Send us more than one book at a time
• Post hard copy to the office
• Include photographs or drawings
• Paste the submissions form, synopsis or chapters into the body of an email
• Submit poetry, drama, novellas or books for children
Submissions which do not follow these guidelines may not be considered.
It’s much appreciated if work is submitted in the following format:
• One and a half spacing
• Calibri, Times New Roman or a similar plain font
• Indent for new paragraph
• No additional line spaces between paragraphs or lines of dialogue
• Line space to mark new section – no indent at beginning of new section
• Normal margins
SEND submissions by email to Kay Farrell at email@example.com
We always acknowledge receipt of scripts. We try to respond promptly and will let agents and authors know if a text is being sent to an external Reader for a preliminary assessment. It may take several months for us to make a final decision about a book. Please contact us again if you get no reply.